Middlesbrough vs Everton
The Riverside Stadium
Tuesday 1st December 7:45pm KO
(It’s Wednesday for me 6:45am)
- Middlesbrough come in to this game with a near full strength squad. All key players will be available to play.
- Cristhian Stuani could return to the starting line up for Boro after recovering from his recent injury.
- Everton may potentially be without centre midfield duo Gareth Barry and James McCarthy (huge loss) after they picked up knocks vs Bournemouth over the weekend.
- Leighton Baines could return to the bench tonight, but it’s unlikely he will feature against Boro’s pit bulls.
- Both teams are likely to continue using their reserve goalkeepers for the tie. Tomas Meijas has been excellent in every cup game over the last two seasons, in particular last seasons 2-0 victory over Man City. Not forgetting his heroics in the previous round vs Man United.